This is the most simple open source DIY electric skateboard/longboard project. Easy to build and fun to ride!
The purpose of this page is to detail all the required parts and steps to build your own electric longboard.
- Budget for mechanical parts and electric components: $220 to $300 (USD)
- Budget for a longboard with adapted wheels, trucks and deck: $80 (USD)
- Overall budget: $300 to $380 (USD)
- Build time: 4 hours to one weekend
- Theoric speed of my current setup: 30km/h – Effective speed with my settings: 25km/h
- Theoric range of my current setup: 25km / Effective range: I can ride it for 15-20km
This page is detailed and aims to popularize the concepts and use of each component for beginners. For advanced makers, please use the short version with the components and a basic wiring diagram.