This electric mountain board has a perfect ratio between torque and top speed with crazy acceleration!
The purpose of this page is to detail all the required parts and steps to build your own electric mountain board.
- Budget for mechanical parts and electric components: $380 (USD)
- Budget for the mountain board with wheels, trucks, and deck: $620 (USD)
- Overall budget: $1000 (USD)
- Build time: 10 hours to one weekend
- Theoric speed of my current setup: 60km/h – Effective speed with my settings: 55km/h
- Range of my current setup with 8S 10400mAH: 20km
This page is detailed and aims to popularize the concepts and use of each component for beginners. For advanced makers, please go directly to the parts list and wiring diagrams.
Check also my Electric longboard tutorial! (cheaper and easier build to start with)