I have a lot of fun with my current setup, but I am living in Canada (it’s pretty hard sometimes to go everywhere because of the sideways and the street bad conditions.) and Winter is coming! Because I want to ride on the snow and in any street of Montreal, I am working on a mountain board version, with dual motor setup and a higher battery capacity.
My requirements are:
- A light and durable board with spring trucks
- 200 mm tires able to go on the snow and to go on the dirt
- 2 motors with more torque but capable of high speed
- Be able to be attached to the board with ratchet bindings so I can have stronger brake and higher speed
- Waterproof setup
- Better wiring and enclosures, and so a cleaner build
I compared a lot of mountainboards and I choose to buy a 35º HOLYPRO TRAMPA – 690 BLACK MOUNTAINBOARD because all the reviews show the overall quality is very high, the board is very light and almost indestructible. It looks easy to add a pulley to the wheels hubs on this board as there are 6 spokes and I will be using the spokes’ screws to fix the pulleys to the hubs. The trucks anger is squared and again, it looks easy to create a motor mount for these.
The components I will use are:
- dual 245kv motors
- dual Hobbywing EZRun Max6 ESC (160A)
- 4 x 4s LiPo 5200 mAh (2 packs of 2 battery in parallel and then 2 packs in series, so one 8S Lipo 10400 mAh LiPo at the end)
- Nano remote control
- A Waterproof box for the ESC
- A red led bar for the rear and a powerful white led torch for the front
- 2 accurate lipo checkers
I am waiting for all components, but as soon as I start building it, I will publish an update.